Simply Liv: Easter Weekend

4.06.2015

Easter Weekend

It's a new week! I'm feeling pretty exhausted from a busy (but special) Easter weekend and am not quite sure how I'm going to make it through this Monday with my sanity intact, but the promise of a new week and a clean slate is keeping me going. Mondays are kind of special like that, aren't they?

I'm going to share a few too many photos of our fun weekend, but first I wanted to say a big THANK YOU to all of you. In my last post I wrote a little letter to other young moms and shared some of the struggles I've faced since learning the life changing news that I was pregnant in hopes that it might resonate with someone out there. I wrote it to encourage other people, but it actually encouraged me so much more than I was expecting. It was by far my most popular post to date and has reached more than three times the amount of people my "normal" posts do. So thank you, thank you, thank you!

(And if you wouldn't mind, those of you who read it, tell me what you liked about it...I want to keep cranking out material that strikes the same chord. What worked about that post? I want your feedback! If you subscribe to my email updates- which you should ;)- just reply to my email and let me know. I'm trying to really narrow down what works and what doesn't and could use your help!)

And now....our Easter weekend!


Aj's mom, step dad and little brother came up for the weekend so we got to be with lots of family which was great! Unfortunately, AJ had to work all weekend, so he could only be with us for bits and pieces, but we all had fun and enjoyed being together while we could.


This might be my new favorite picture <3
It was E's first time swimming in an actual pool, and I think she loved it. She wouldn't let go of AJ, but as long as he was holding her, she did great. :)

She LOVED kissing the Easter bunny

On Saturday we went to the big Easter egg hunt in the park. Evie wasn't quite sure what was going on, and we didn't have her in the right age section, so she was battling 7 year olds for eggs, but uncle Sammy showed her the ropes and we fought off some children so she could put her (grand total of 5) eggs in her basket ;) I'm pretty sure Easter egg hunts should be prefaced with a warning that your protective parental instincts will kick in quickly...they are chaos!


That night we had our big dinner together since AJ wouldn't be home on Sunday.


And on Sunday we went to church and ate a delicious lunch at my parents house. It was so great having both his momma and my family together for a holiday.

She loves her Nona!

Easter has always been one of my favorite holidays. Such a special celebration to spend with our families. How was your Easter? I hope it was spent with those you love!

As always, thanks for reading!

Simply,

Liv

1 comments:

Stephanie Miller said...

Love your blog ;). Keep the posts coming!

 
© Simply Liv

Website Design by CoffeeShop Designs