Simply Liv: Evelyn Rae

1.08.2014

Evelyn Rae

Six weeks ago today I became a mother. That title is still sinking in. I don't think it has actually hit me yet- I am a mother.

Growing up I never had huge "career aspirations". Sure, I wanted to be an archaeologist when I was six and a ballerina and a singer and a movie star (I'm pretty sure I thought becoming the next Hannah Montana was a viable life choice). As I got older though, the only thing I could actually picture myself doing (and loving) was being a mom. I can't think of any higher and more exciting calling than growing, birthing, and raising a human life.

I just never thought it would happen this soon.

But that is a whole blog post in itself, for now I want to introduce you to the newest joy in my life: Miss Evelyn Rae.



 The day before she was born, I was journaling at my favorite coffee shop. "It could be any day now", I wrote. Funny how just a few hours after that my water broke and we were in a rush to the hospital.

11 hours of labor- and let me tell you, its called labor for a reason. Its excruciating and exhausting. But its also true when they say that after the final push and they place that screaming, wet, purple-y little life on your chest, it makes it 100% worth it. Though in the middle of it, I was pretty sure it would never end and I'd be in labor for the rest of my life. Luckily that wasn't the case and this little bundle of joyfulness turned our lives upside down in the best way possible.






In these past 6 weeks I've experienced more emotions than I thought humanly possible. The amount of love I have for this little girl is amazing and I'm so thankful that I get the opportunity to be her momma.





Look for lots of little Evie in the posts to come! 

Bye for now,

Liv

0 comments:

 
© Simply Liv

Website Design by CoffeeShop Designs