Simply Liv: A First Meeting

1.21.2014

A First Meeting

"No body can do for little children what grandparents do. Grandparents sort of sprinkle stardust over the lives of little children."

Me with my Great-Grandma Ruth



Evie meeting Great-Grandma Miriam

































































Having a baby has made me ridiculously sentimental, so I apologize if this post is a little overboard. This weekend Evie met her Great Grandma for the first time. After almost two months, my grandma made the long trip from Lincoln, Nebraska to meet her first great-grandbaby. I can't stop thinking about how wonderful it is that this little girl has the opportunity to know not only her grandparents, but great-grandparents on both sides. There's something really special in knowing that my little girl is adding another generation to this wonderful thing called family.

As a little girl, I remember loving to listen to both my grandparents and great-grandparents tell stories about what it was like to grow up when they did. I remember my Great-Grandpa Orville and his silly jokes and how he always called us by different names to make us laugh. I loved hearing about the life my Great-Grandpa Stew had growing up as a rancher in the mid-west and exploring his old ranch house full of antiques. I remember my Great-Grandma playing old hymns on the piano, even as her hands became too shaky to play as well as she used to. I had the privilege of knowing three of my great-grandparents, and I'm so glad my little girl has the same opportunity. I pray she makes the same kind of memories I did, and more. 

0 comments:

 
© Simply Liv

Website Design by CoffeeShop Designs