It has been one crazy week over at the Youngs' house. AJ has been working harder than I've ever seen him work (which is saying something, since he is the hardest working man I know) on our new house to get it live-able before we move in. Our goal is to be in by Monday, so I'm hoping and praying that all goes smoothly! I CAN'T WAIT to share some "after" photos with you all. Just redoing the floors and painting the walls with fresh coats of grey (my weakness...) and off white, has already turned it into my dream home. I'm in love. Now I just want to live in it.
But for today, in honor of the month's big holiday, I want to share a few gift ideas for new mamas, or any age of mama for that matter, that I'm sure they'll love. (Yes, Mother's day is the 10th. You're welcome.) Don't just go with flowers and a store bought card, people. This is the woman who brought life (maybe your life) into the world. Put a little thought into it- or just use one of my ideas and say you thought of it on your own. You're welcome again.
I'm also super excited to be doing my first giveaway! I'm giving away $20 to Stitch Fix, an online personal styling service that delivers 5 handpicked items of clothing right to your door as often as you want! Sounds pretty amazing right? I just received my first "fix" this week actually and I'm so glad I signed up with them (I'll be sharing about my first fix later this week). It's like Christmas in May. They use your Pinterest boards and a detailed style questionnaire to pick the perfect pieces to send you, and if you don't like what they send, you just mail it back and tell them what you'd like them to do differently. The styling fee is $20 and you can pick what you buy or don't buy once your fix comes (and the $20 is deducted from whatever you buy), so basically, if you win you get your first month free! Read below for details on how to enter. Good luck! I'll be announcing the winner on Friday the 8th and contacting them directly.
2. Relaxation. This one doesn't have to be pricey, but it can be if you want to go all out. Pay for a pedicure or facial, or better yet a massage. Know a pregnant mama? Get her a prenatal massage. I guarantee she needs it.
3. A meal. Offer to cook her a meal one night. Cook for the whole family, or just her, either way it will be a treat. You can even take her out to dinner for some one on one time, if your wallet allows.
4. A gift card to somewhere with lots of caffeine. Because she's a mom, that's why.
5. Something handmade. Even if you're not crafty per se, you can still make something she will love. Print off some photos of her and her kid(s), or you and her, frame it with something pretty, wrap it, and write a note about how she is the best thing you've ever met. Moms love the mushy gushy stuff. Moms also love mason jars and candles- you can make her one with this tutorial.
6. If you have to go the flowers and a card route at least hand make the card ;) Or do something a little more non-traditional like this mini succulent gift box, and a handmade card.
7. Breakfast in bed. If you live with her. If not, that could get a little weird. It's an oldie, but a goodie. Also, sorry to my mom who endured many (probably too many) years of the same breakfast in bed because we weren't creative enough to think of anything new....if that's you, try something different this year!
And now for the giveaway!
a Rafflecopter giveaway