Evie caught my cold from last week, so she has been quite the handful. We spent most of the week taking turns snuggling with her, rubbing oils on her feet and chest, and catching up on Downton Abbey (AJ finally decided he
E's never really been this sick, so seeing her so miserable with a fever, cough and runny nose broke my mama heart this week. Luckily, I think she's on the up and up- colds take forever to get rid of :( I'm sure she'll be back to her normal, bright, happy self soon though!
Since it's a new weekend, I wanted to share a few of the projects I have planned for my weekend once again. I like having goals going into something- there isn't anything more satisfying than crossing something off of a list!
1. Recycling coffee grounds! This is something I've been researching a lot lately because, who doesn't waste pounds and pounds and pounds of coffee grounds everyday? We may have a small addiction in our house, so finding ways to reuse our old grounds would definitely make me feel better than throwing them all out. Here are a few of the ideas I've run across:
- This tutorial is for a coconut oil/coffee grounds body scrub. It's probably the first one I'll try since I love making body butters and scrubs, and I've read a lot about how good of an exfoliate coffee grounds are.
- This post shares lots of ways to use coffee grounds outside. Since AJ and I plan on planting a garden in our new home, when we buy one ;), this is something I'll save for the future. Coffee has LOTS of benefits outdoors, not just in/on your body.
- One last post has 15 uses for coffee grounds like unclogging drains, freshening your fridge, and cleaning your dog.
- This recipe is for a basic California roll. Looks simple enough.
- Here is one for veggie sushi, in case there are some raw fish haters or preggo friends among us ;)
3. Give our boring TV trays a makeover. I don't have any links for this one, but I'm sick of looking at the plain, wooden tables that we use so regularly. I figured I'd spice them up a bit so that when we eat dinner during Downton Abbey I can at least be excited about it ;) I'm thinking something geometric, colorful and dip-dyed for the legs. Wish me luck!
That should keep me busy for the next few days. What fun projects are you all working on? I'm always looking for inspiration...