Simply Liv: A Week In Home-aha (or Omaha, if you're not my husband)

6.18.2014

A Week In Home-aha (or Omaha, if you're not my husband)

A few weeks ago we spent a week in Omaha with AJ's family. When we lived in Colorado, it was an eight hour drive- one we only dared to make once with the baby. It was rough, let's leave it at that. Now, though, it's only four hours, which is MUCH more do-able. We usually drive at night so E can sleep. We load up on coffee, red bull and the Black Keys and its a straight shot.

Pre-trip enthusiasm. Even Roxy was excited. 































We stayed with Aj's Mom and kept very busy. One highlight was going to his family (the very Italian side's) yearly "sausage day". I watched in awe as they, clearly a well oiled machine, formed an assembly line and (literally) cranked out hundreds of pounds of Italian sausage. It was fascinating to watch and I met and "re-met" lots of lovely members of my new family.

E and Nona had some great bonding time :)

Just chatting away with Uncle Sammy










































Another highlight was going to the Henry Doorly Zoo. For all you zoo connoisseurs out there, this is definitely one to hit. It's one of the biggest in the country (the second largest I believe?), providing hours of fun (and sunburns, in our case unfortunately). I'm so excited for Evie to be old enough to actually enjoy all of the animals, but for now she had a blast being chauffeured around in her stroller all day.






Sleeping the day away….

We spent lots of quality time with AJ's dad's side too. E got to know her great-grandma Evie (her namesake) even better. I'm so grateful that my little girl gets to grow up with grandparents on both sides who love her so much. Though I am dreading the years when she realizes how spoiled she is by them.

Aj's little sisters and cousin loving on their niece


We got to see the girls' softball game. It was SO hot, but they played great.


One of the main reasons we decided to move was to be closer to family, and I'm already so glad that we did. Being able to take trips like this on a moment's notice is so special, and we're looking forward to many more like it.

I hope you're all having a lovely week!

Until next time,
Liv




0 comments:

 
© Simply Liv

Website Design by CoffeeShop Designs